|Photo by the tartanpodcast|
danah boyd’s writing a book focused on myths that we have about teens and social media. She’s gathering quotes from news media that perpetuate these myths. Drop by her site and share your favorite myth. Here are a few she’s gathered thus far:
• Myth #1: The digital is separate from the “real” world.
• Myth #2: Social media makes kids deceptive.
• Myth #3: Social media is addictive.
• Myth #4: Kids don’t care about privacy.
• Myth #5: The Internet is a dangerous, dangerous place.
• Myth #6: There’s nothing educational about social media.
• Myth #7: Kids are digital natives.
• Myth #8: The Internet is the great equalizer.